Can't kick your coffee habit? You'll be pleased to hear there's scientific evidence to show coffee is good for you. Here are five reasons why you should be drinking the strong stuff:
1. Since caffeine releases dopamine, coffee is considered to be the world's most popular psychoactive drug, which, like alcohol, means it can alter perception, mood and consciousness.
2. Studies have shown that those who drink two or three cups a day live longer, decrease their chances of type 2 diabetes and may experience fewer symptoms of Parkinson's.
3. According to a study, coffee is the source from which Americans consume most of their antioxidants.
4. Research in rats suggest that even smelling coffee can change the way your brain functions and prevents cellular harm that can be caused by stress.
5. A Harvard study found that drinking two-four cups of coffee per day can decrease suicide risk by 50Slideshow-184313%
More:Health & Wellbeing
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more