Adding a flavoured butter to fish is a really simple way to create a tasty dinner. Orange and fennel is a great flavour combination as the aniseed taste you get from the fennel works really well with the zestiness of the orange.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes (plus 30 minutes for setting the butter)
4 x 120g portions of cod, skinless
250g salted butter, softened
2 oranges, zested
1/2 fennel bulb, finely chopped
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
4 even-sized rectangles of greaseproof paper
1. Into the butter, add the dill, fennel and orange zest. Mix well.
2. Transfer the mixture onto the cling-film and roll into sausage shape. Leave to set in fridge for around 30 minutes.
3. Place each piece of cod onto one of the squares of grease-proof paper. Cut the butter into four half inch slices and place on top of the cod.
4. Cooking 'en papillote': With pastry brush, wet the edges of the greaseproof paper, fold over the excess paper and crimp the edges to create an airtight seal.
5. Place all four parcels onto a baking tray and cook at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
6. Tear open the parcels and serve with green beans and jersey royal potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of The Saucy Fish Co.
More on Parentdish
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more