Adding a flavoured butter to fish is a really simple way to create a tasty dinner. Orange and fennel is a great flavour combination as the aniseed taste you get from the fennel works really well with the zestiness of the orange.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes (plus 30 minutes for setting the butter)
4 x 120g portions of cod, skinless
250g salted butter, softened
2 oranges, zested
1/2 fennel bulb, finely chopped
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
4 even-sized rectangles of greaseproof paper
1. Into the butter, add the dill, fennel and orange zest. Mix well.
2. Transfer the mixture onto the cling-film and roll into sausage shape. Leave to set in fridge for around 30 minutes.
3. Place each piece of cod onto one of the squares of grease-proof paper. Cut the butter into four half inch slices and place on top of the cod.
4. Cooking 'en papillote': With pastry brush, wet the edges of the greaseproof paper, fold over the excess paper and crimp the edges to create an airtight seal.
5. Place all four parcels onto a baking tray and cook at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
6. Tear open the parcels and serve with green beans and jersey royal potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of The Saucy Fish Co.
More on Parentdish