Floating ghost muffins by Sainsbury's.
These fun ghost muffins look seriously spooky - but you won't be scared off by the thought of making them, it's easy peasy!
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 x 320g pack triple chocolate muffin mix by Sainsbury's
1 medium free-range Woodland egg
125ml semi-skimmed milk
½ x 500g pack ready to roll white icing by Sainsbury's
50g apricot jam by Sainsbury's, thinned with 1 tablespoon water
Black writing icing by Sainsbury's to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
2. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Make the muffins according to packet instructions (you'll need the egg and milk for this), then let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
3. Cut the rounded top off each muffin to make a flat surface. Turn upside down on a board and gently peel off the cases. Roll out the icing to a thickness of about ½cm. Cut out 6 x 13cm (approx) diameter circles, re-rolling the trimmings if necessary.
4. Brush the muffins with the jam then place an icing circle over the top of each. Press to flatten the top then make draping folds around the edges to look like floaty ghosts.
5. Get the kids to help draw on eyes with the writing icing. Let set for 10 minutes then serve.