Here are tips to help protect children and teenagers from cyber bullying and help them stay safe online:
1. Save and print out any bullying messages, posts, pictures or videos you receive. Make a note of the dates and times, along with any details you have about the sender's ID and the URL.
2. Always report anything abusive you see online to the site concerned. Flag it, report it, or talk to someone about it.
3. Never respond or retaliate, as this can just make things worse. Instead, block any users that send you nasty messages.
4. Think very carefully before posting photos of yourself online. Remember that once your picture is online, anyone can download it and share it or even change it.
5. And lastly, don't pass on cyber bullying videos or messages about other people. Don't just ignore it. If you see cyberbullying going on, report it and offer your support.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more