15g Flora Light
1 round sandwich pitta
1/2 can of tuna
20g low fat mayonnaise
2 cherry tomatoes
3 iceberg lettuce leaves
5g cheese slice
Cream cheese and cress to decorate
1. Using an oval shaped cookie cutter, cut three bug shapes from the pitta bread and separate the top and bottom layers.
2. Mix together the tuna and mayonnaise and use to fill the pitta bugs, before placing the top layer back on.
3. Spread thin layers of Flora Light and cream cheese over the top of each pitta shape and stick a lettuce leaf in place at one end. Use clean scissors to trim the lettuce to the shape of the bread.
4. From the leftover pitta, use the scissors to cut six wings in a leaf shape and place two on the back of each bug.
5. Slice the cucumber lengthways into six strips and then cut a smaller leaf shape from each piece and place on top of the pitta wings.
6. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place a half on the end of each bug for the head.
7. Finish the face by using two small dots of cream cheese and cucumber for the eyes and make a smile made using cream cheese as well. Use a sharp skewer or fork to make two small holes in the tomato and insert sprigs of cress for antennae.
Recipe courtesy of Flora.
More on Parentdish