Marcus Bean won Iron Chef UK in 2010 on Channel 4. A former farmer, Marcus is now a regular chef on ITV's This Morning, appearing on Good Food's Market Kitchen, Channel 4's What's Cooking and Food Network's Christmas special, amongst others.
300g pork sausage meat
150g Boursin Cranberry & Pepper (Or any cream cheese)
Plain flour (for rolling out pastry)
250g all butter puff pastry
For the egg wash:
1. Place the sausage meat into a mixing bowl, add the Boursin Cranberry & Pepper and mix together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 5mm thickness. Cut into four squares.
3. Divide the meat mixture into four and shape into sausages. Place on to the pastry squares.
4. Using a pastry brush and a little cold water, gently brush the pastry around the sausage meat and then carefully fold the pastry over and around the meat, forming a sausage roll.
5. Pinch the seal of the pastry together and place on to a baking tray with parchment paper, making sure the seal of the pastry is on the bottom.
6. To make the egg wash, add the eggs and milk together with a pinch of salt and gently whisk. Brush the sausage rolls with egg wash.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown in colour.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack, before serving warm.
Recipe courtesy of Boursin.
More on Parentdish
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more