We love a classic Cosmopolitan, but there's only so many one can drink.
Looking for a refreshing alternative to sip on this summer? This Earl Grey and grapefruit sour cocktail packs a tasty punch - the perfect twist on the classic afternoon tea tipple.
Want to try making one at home? Here's what you'll need:
100ml chilled Earl Grey tea
50ml Earl Grey-infused Tanqueray gin (learn how to make below)
10ml lemon juice
25ml grapefruit juice
1 dash orange bitters
15ml agave syrup
Follow these simple steps to infuse your gin:
1. To create the Earl Grey and Tanqueray 10 mix, heat gently with a bit of tea on the hob, being careful not to let it boil.
2. Once cool, mix all of the ingredients together over ice and serve.
If you can handle the zesty taste of grapefruit with your cocktail, try adding a slice to finish. If it makes you feel better, you'll also be reaping a few of the health benefits. These include:
- Grapefruit is full of vitamin C.
- Pink and red grapefruit is full of the antioxidant lycopene. Antioxidants fight free radicals, which is great news for your skin.
- Grapefruit jumpstarts your metabolism.
Looking for something a little less sour? Try this Earl Grey Cocktail, minus the grapefruit and perfect with a slice of cake.
MORE SUMMER RECIPES!
How to make the perfect Negroni
How to make a Bloody Mary
How to make a Margarita
How to make a healthy green juice