With fuss-free hairstyles taking over the catwalk at the Autumn/Winter 2015 shows, you'd be right to think braids were on there way out. Then Amanda Seyfried goes and wears her hair like this and makes us instantly fall in love with plaited updos all over again.
The 29-year-old star showed off the look at the premiere of her new film While We're Young in New York. French braid pigtails can be tricky to pull off, but Seyfried did just that with this sultry style. What better way to complement her Valentino dress and smoky eye make up?
So, fancy giving this do a go? Try this knotted alternative seen at Givenchy's A/W 14 show. Follow these steps to get the look at home.
You will need:
1. Use a comb to create a neat centre parting.
2. French plait half of the hair and tie the end of the braid with a hairband.
3. French plait the remaining half of the hair and tie at the end.
4. If you have a fringe, pin it back.
5. Knot the two plaits together and secure with your pins.
6. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to hold the plaits in place.