PARENTS
29/06/2015 10:20 BST | Updated 29/06/2015 15:59 BST

Loose Women Support Mum Of Children Who Died from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning With 'Say No To CO' Campaign

The Loose Women presenters are teaming up with Sharon Wood - the mother of two children who died due to carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu - to launch a campaign to raise awareness of the importance of alarms.

The "Say No To CO" campaign will launch on Tuesday's episode of the ITV show, on which Wood will speak about her two children, Christi, seven and Bobby, six, who were killed by carbon monoxide in October 2006.

Loose Women will also be giving away 3,000 portable carbon monoxide alarms to viewers.

According to the Press Association presenter Coleen Nolan said: "I was so moved by Sharon's story and my heart went out to her and her family.

"It's so important to create awareness of CO so we can prevent lives being lost and families losing loved ones."

sharon wood

In the episode, they will discuss how a carbon monoxide alarm could have saved Wood's children's lives.

Christi Shepherd and her younger brother Bobby died in their sleep at their family chalet at the four-star Corcyra Beach Hotel on the Greek island in October 2006.

Loose Women presenter Linda Robson has spoken out about the campaign, after revealing that a friend had experienced carbon monoxide poisoning while abroad.

She said: "He was terribly ill and was hospitalised, luckily he made a full recovery.

"We later found out there was a leak in the apartment where he'd been staying."

Ms Wood hopes the campaign will help make more parents aware of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

She said: "We pack the calpol and the plasters, and now it's time we all take a CO monitor too.

"If my family had taken one on holiday, Christi and Bobby would most definitely still be with us."

During the inquest into Christi and Bobby's deaths, heating engineering expert, Thomas Magner, explained how carbon monoxide from the boiler that supplied hot water to the bungalow had got into the building.

He said there were gaps in the walls where air conditioning pipes went into the building and this had enabled the lethal carbon monoxide to enter into the ceiling space above the children's beds.

SWNS

Christi and Bbby Shepherd

Loose Women editor Siobhan O'Gorman said: "Lives are being lost to carbon monoxide poisoning and people are experiencing permanent health problems because they're unaware of the causes of this poisonous gas and how to protect themselves.

"Loose Women's awareness campaign, Say No To CO will address this and we aim to keep 3,000 families safer this summer in our alarm giveaway."

SEE ALSO:

9 Most Controversial 'Loose Women' Moments

Corfu Boiler Deaths: Brother And Sister, 6 And 7, Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

In May 2015, the boss of Thomas Cook apologised about the deaths of the two young children.

He said he was"deeply sorry" and apologised for the company's handling of the incident.

Peter Fankhauser, chief executive of the travel firm, said: "As a father I really can only express my deepest sorrow."

'Loose Women' Controversial Moments