Sometimes, pent up frustration over the week that was can only be let out in short bursts of plain-clothed obviousness. Here are ten rants intended to do just that.
1. There is no such thing as "Muslim terrorism", "Islamic terrorism", or "Islamic-only terrorism", nor has there ever been. Also, Amazing how a terrorist attack on a white soldier gets memorialised, his family's loss and mourning highlighted for weeks, his funeral attended by the prime minister -- and a terrorist attack (let's call it what it was) on a Muslim pensioner gets swept under the carpet like so much petty crime.
2. Aung San Suu Kyi's failure to condemn the horrendous persecution of Muslims in Burma is just one more example of how utterly meaningless the Nobel Peace Prize really is. Another example of course being...
3. Barack Obama and the ethical black hole that is the United States' drone program. Seriously, just give it up. Your whitewashing of the facts is no longer fooling anyone.
4. Russell Brand likes using big words that may lack substance, but at least he doesn't get paid millions of taxpayers' money to do it.
5. Mehdi Hasan should be prime minister (as long it's not for a Labour government).
6. Muslim women in Britain will exercise their right to wear niqab in public places regardless of who does and doesn't like it, "feel comfortable" with it, "feel threatened" by it, or just plain hate it. The sooner we all accept this and move on, the better.
7. For the sanity of the nation, Katie Hopkins needs to crawl back into the hole from whence she came, recognising once and for all that her one and only birthright is obscurity.
8. Saudi Arabia needs to enter the 21st century, namely by ceasing to abuse the rights of women and minorities in the name of Islam.
9. Muslim schools should stop enforcing Islamic rules on their pupils and staff, just as soon as all other schools stop making children of all faiths sing carols every year which refer to Jesus as Lord. Last time I checked, covering of the head wasn't against anyone's beliefs; the same cannot, however, be said for referring to Jesus as God, or the son of God.
10. If Merkel's phone was bugged, there's no hope for the rest of us. Hey NSA, I'm a conservative Muslim woman who has grown up in the Middle East and visited Syria and Iraq - call me maybe?