‘Criminal Minds’ Actor Thomas Gibson Fired After On-Set Incident

'Creative details for how the character's exit will be addressed in the show will be announced at a later date.'

13/08/2016 09:48

‘Criminal Minds’ leading man Thomas Gibson has been sacked, after an on-set altercation, it has been confirmed.

On Friday (12 August), it was reported that Thomas had been suspended from filming following the alleged incident, however bosses have decided to go one step further, and drop him completely.

Tony Barson via Getty Images
Thomas Gibson

US television network CBS and ABC Studios, who produce the show, made the announcement in a joint statement, which reads: “Thomas Gibson has been dismissed from ‘Criminal Minds’.

“Creative details for how the character’s exit will be addressed in the show will be announced at a later date.”

Prior to the dismissal, Thomas had issued an apology.

“There were creative differences on the set and a disagreement. I regret that it occurred,” he said in a statement.

“We all want to work together as a team to make the best show possible. We always have and we always will.”

Now, in a new statement given to Digital Spy, he says:  “I love ‘Criminal Minds’ and have put my heart and soul into it for the last 12 years.

“I had hoped to see it through to the end, but that won’t be possible now. I would just like to say thank you to the writers, producers, actors, our amazing crew, and, most importantly, the best fans that a show could ever hope to have.”

The 12th series of ‘Criminal Minds’ is set to debut next month.

Top 10 Favourite TV Drama Moments
Suggest a correction