‘X Factor’ twins Brooks Way have spoken out following the decision by show bosses to axe them from the first live show of the competition.
The 17-year-old brothers were absent from Saturday’s show, with host Dermot O’Leary explaining their absence was “due to circumstances”.
It later emerged that Josh Brooks - who makes up one half of the group - had been accused of physically abusing a former girlfriend last year.
Amelia Clark claims Josh punched and bit her during their four year relationship, which came to an end earlier this year.
Following an emergency meeting with ‘X Factor’ bosses, the decision was made to axe the duo from the competition.
A source told The Sun: “The boys were in bits during the 90 minute meeting and completely broke down in tears.
The twins have since taken to Twitter to slam what they describe as “false allegations” made against Josh.
“Today, we have had a tough day with a false allegation. Don’t believe everything you read, both Amelia and Josh will be stating the truth,” they tweeted.
They added: “The truth always wins.”
Another source told The Mirror that show bosses were left with no choice but to axe the brothers as more details emerged about the abuse allegations.
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more