Ever since it was announced the ‘X Factor’ contestants would be taking on Motown songs on Saturday (15 October) night’s live show, we’ve spent the last seven days wondering what on earth Honey G will be performing.
Well, ladies and gents, we can now reveal the North Weezy rapper will be taking on Notorious B.I.G’s ‘Mo Money Mo Problems’.
Errrrrrm, last time we checked that wasn’t a Motown classic?!
However, after digging a little deeper, we realised that the song actually samples Diana Ross’ ‘I’m Coming Out’, which IS a Motown song.
While it’s a pretty tenuous link, there’s definitely been less convincing takes on the themes over the years.
Meanwhile, reinstated girl group 4 Of Diamonds will be taking on The Supremes’ ‘You Keep Me Hanging On’.
It will be the band’s first live performance, having replaced axed contestants Brooks Way in the final 12.
Here’s what all the contestants will be singing this weekend:
- Honey G - ‘Mo Money Mo Problems’.
- 4 Of Diamonds - ‘You Keep Me Hanging’ On’
- 5 After Midnight - ‘Get Ready’
- Relley C - ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’
- Saara Aalto - ‘River Deep, Mountain High’
- Freddy Parker - ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’
- Matt Terry - ‘I Heard It Through the Grapevine’
- Ryan Lawrie - ‘Superstition’
- Emily Middlemas - ‘Stop in the Name Of Love’
- Gifty Louise - ‘Rockin’ Robin’
- Sam Lavery - ‘Hello’
Last week’s show results show saw duo Brattavio axed from the competition, after landing in the bottom three alongside Freddy Parker and Saara Aalto.
‘The X Factor’ airs on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm on ITV.
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more