Congratulations if you are newly engaged. You are about to embark one of the most exciting times of your life and I bet you can't wait to go wedding dress shopping. However, before you get too over excited, let me give you a piece of advice. It is important to be realistic when you go wedding dress shopping. Don't expect to find your dream dress in the first boutique you visit. If you want to ensure you find a wedding gown you will fall in love with, make sure you read my top 7 wedding dress shopping tips.
1. Don't go wedding dress shopping with more than two people. Your Auntie Gladys and Grandma Joan might want to go with you, but sometimes it can be overwhelming if you are subjected to the opinions of too many people. It is far better for example to go with your mum and your best friend. Not only will they appreciate you asking them, but they are likely to give you honest feedback on the dresses you try on.
2. Don't go with a fixed idea in your head on the right dress for you. Obviously it is important to have some idea on the styles you like, but there is no point in thinking you will for example only go for a mermaid style dress. All too often you will find that the dress you thought you would like is not the gown you eventually choose.
3. Never book more than two appointments in one day. The last thing you will want to do is rush bridal dress appointments in order to get to the next boutique. Not only will you feel incredibly stressed, but you will not be able to relax and enjoy the whole wedding dress experience.
4. Always listen to the bridal consultants in the boutique. Remember they have probably be doing their jobs for years and seen many brides get married. They have experience in knowing the right style of dress to suit different figures, so make sure you don't dismiss what they say.
5. Don't arrange to meet your partner near the bridal boutique after your appointment. The last thing you will want is to him to turn up early and see your trying on wedding dresses!
6. You will be looking at your wedding photographs for years to come, so it is important to remember to choose a wedding dress that is timeless.
7. Every bride wants to look at their best on their wedding day, but there is no point in trying to squeeze into a bridal gown that is uncomfortable. Not only will it not look good, but you won't be able to enjoy the most important day of your lifeSuggest a correction