I'm the first to admit that style is not always about high fashion. As a lover of sourcing outfits from around the world, one of the most untapped sources is actually the supermarket.
From the year 2000 onwards French hypermarkets were a wealth of offers and I remember buying a really cute polkadot top in a supermarket in Honfleur, France and it's still in my wardrobe.
Nowadays, we all head to the supermarket at least once a week, browse the aisles and put in our trolley anything from stationery to DVD's, books to BBQ's, so why would fashion pieces slipping through the check out be out of the ordinary?
Here's why I love the fact you can access fashion at the supermarket:
- Wardrobe staples are done well
- Sizes go from 8-24 - good selection for all shoppers
- Simple separates for the office wardrobe
- Prints are taken from the catwalk and recreated at reasonable prices
- Accessories are done well
- Price points work for the budget
- You can grab fashion on the go during your weekly shop
The supermarkets need to remember that its all about keeping it simple. Customers come in for their food essentials, they need their fashion essentials too. Think about Marks and Spencer's, their second highest selling product (after strawberries) is their underwear range. Simple pants = cash in the tills. So keep the collections simple supermarkets and you'll clear your stocks in no time.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more