Gwen Stefani appeared to be channelling Brigitte Bardot with a 60s style teased bouffant, as she posed for pictures at the 33rd Annual Kennedy Center Honors at the Kennedy Center Hall of States.
The singer had her signature platinum blonde locks backcombed at the crown to create a modern take on the classic 60s beehive. To recreate Gwen's retro-inspired look:
1. Run volumising mousse through towel-dried hair.
2. Tease hair gently at the crown using a tail comb, starting at the roots.
3. Use a paddle brush to gently smooth over the top layer of hair.
4. Pull back a small section of hair from behind each ear and secure with pins underneath the backcombed crown.
5. Pull out a few loose strands around the front to give the look a softer, more modern edge.
What do you think of Gwen Stefani's style? Leave a comment below and tell us your thoughts.