Attending the launch of her signature watch collection in LA, Kim Kardashian wore her sleek black hair tied back in a high-swinging ponytail complete with quiff, 50s teddy-girl style... with a modern twist.
The reality TV star – and self-styled 'brand' – teamed the look with her usual winning combination of smoky eyes, luscious lashes, glossy lips and, of course, a long black bodycon frock.
Unlike the slick ponytails and groomed quiffs of the 1950s, Kim's modern take on the look has a softer, sexier, slightly dishevelled finish.
To steal the look...
1. Run volumising product through your hair before styling.
2. Scoop the hair up into a ponytail at the crown and secure with an elastic leaving out a section about an inch thick to wrap around the band for a sleek finish.
3. Secure the ends of the section in place underneath the ponytail using hairpins.
4. Lift up your fringe and gently tease the roots with your fingers to add lift and pin the ends down.
5. Tease the ponytail to give it added volume and texture then finish with a mist of hairspray to hold the look in place.
Want more hair inspiration? Check out our guide to grown-up ponytails.