Top Twenty Viral Videos: Criminal Penguins, Specsavers And Magazine Vs iPad
A baby girl baffled that her magazine didn’t work like an iPad was among this week's top 20 viral videos featuring ‘A Magazine is an iPad that Does Not Work’.
Reality wasn’t quite interactive enough for the toddler, confusedly clawing at a magazine.
A fitting tribute to Apple mastermind Steve Jobs, it challenges anyone to underestimate innovation with 'next Christmas the iPod will be kaput,' type grumbles.
Her frustrated swats show how radically technology is changing the shape of daily life. Until it doesn’t quite make sense without it, as this video proves.
Doom-and-gloom financial news may have prompted a bit of old fashioned "laugh at the stupid man" humour as a man beaked on the bottom by a Canadian goose racked up thousands of hits in 'Goose Attack 2'.
Just goes to show there are worse things than a second economic crash: a goose could attach itself to the back of your trousers to the tune of a dramatic operatic crescendo. Then be watched by thousands.
Also laugh-out-loud was Specsavers' new advert, featuring a naked fat man, a carrot, a salami and a sauna. With those ingredients it couldn't fail to be entertaining really. Although it does feature Gordon Ramsay. With Specsavers returning to its cheeky formula for the commerical, it was evocative of another naughty advert once banned in Germany showing a short-sighted woman’s mix up between her boyfriend and the gearstick.
'Criminal' penguins also came high up in the chart. Footage from the BBC One show Frozen Planet showed a diligent penguin building its nest, while a crafty neighbour waited close by to steal its carefully sourced rocks. Viewers drew links between the penguin clip and the banks, with one commenting “Hey-its Wall Street!”
Another viewer had a better idea:
"What we need to do is get the penguin government to bail out the top 1% penguins using the hard earned rocks of the lower 99% penguins."
The comments ended up going slightly left-field, saying more about financial pressures than the penguin clip. Another ranted:
"So the honest and hardworking being robbed blind by the ones who spend none of their time working, half of their time robbing the hard workers, and half their time preventing their own spoils from being robbed."
The top 20 viral video chart in full:
- Nicki Minaj Sings 'Super Bass' with Sophia Grace (Full Version) Watch out for these two little girls in the future
- Mountain Biker gets taken out by BUCK - CRAZY Footage - Only in Africa It's Oh Dear for one biker
- Epic Trick Shot Battle - Dude Perfect Some super-awesome american dudes performing pretty impressive frisbee and basketball tricks.
- [Occupytimessquare] 1 Marine vs. 30 Cops (Marine Wins) A Marine stands up for the Occupy protesters in New York
- Quantum Levitation Science goes Back To The Future: Harry Potter eat your heart out.
- A Magazine Is an iPad That Does Not Work.m4v Someone give the girl a pop-up book.
- Siri vs Japanese Siri might not be as clever as 'she' seems.
- Criminal Penguins - Frozen Planet - BBC One Self-respecting burglars always wear black and white tops
- Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera A ball with 36 mobile phone cameras.
- Ultimate Battlefield 3 Simulator - The Gadget Show Futuristic game that allows you to control your surroundings and physically experience what your character is doing. Almost like real life.
- Family Feud - Don't Swallow? A game show host innocently asks "what do you put in your mouth but don't swallow?"
- Funny Sesame Street's Unnecessary censorship Genius. Ironically completely unrelated to the hacking of the site, which saw X-rated images replacing the child-friendly characters.
- Occupy Assange: 'Corrupt banks, corrupt cash' Assange makes a rare appearance for Occupy protests.
- Cute baby elephant's first steps -and steps on his trunk! You'll never forget this adorable video.
- A Duet With Siri (iPhone 4s Song) Apple's turned us all into geeks.
- Specsavers 'Sauna' advert Kitchen nightmares for one poor soul.
- Jedi Turtles But what could beat the jedi kittens?
- Goose Attack 2 With Christmas coming up geese are feeling on edge.
- Really Old Lady Talking About Something on the Local News An incomprehensible 107-year-old being interviewed by an unfortunate journalist.
- Celebrity Alphabet by Jim Meskimen
This list was taken from Video Viral Chart, compiled for Huffington Post UK. The listings are based on embedded videos and links on around 2m blogs, as well as Facebook and Twitter.