Simon Cowell's show Red Or Black has run into trouble over concerns that it glamorises betting, according to reports.
Officials from the Gambling Commission, which regulates the industry in the UK, met ITV bosses on Friday to talk about the show which offers a £1 million prize to contestants who have to choose between red or black.
The first series, hosted by Ant and Dec, was not the massive ratings hit the channel had hoped for and Peter Fincham, the network's director of television, said if it did come back he would like to see some changes.
The show was also the subject of controversy when it emerged the first jackpot had gone to a contestant who had been jailed for a violent attack.
Simon said that first winner, Nathan Hageman, should look to his "conscience".
The TV mogul said: "I'm not in a position to force anyone to do anything. Once he got through that's why he got the money, that's his own conscience what he decides to do with it."
Several other contestants were removed from further shows after investigations into their backgrounds.
A spokeswoman for the commission said they could not comment on individual cases.