Two teenagers - one aged 13 - have been arrested in connection with the murder of man who was attacked after an argument with a group of youths outside a convenience store.
The 46-year-old died today from serious head injuries after failing to regain consciousness following the incident in Eastbourne, East Sussex, on Thursday night.
Police said the man, who has not been named, was punched and kicked following the row with the group outside the Premier convenience store in the Hydneye area of the town.
He was taken to the Eastbourne District General Hospital but doctors were unable to save his life.
Detective Inspector Wendy Burton, from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: "It's so tremendously sad that this man has died, an absolute tragedy. Our heartfelt condolences go to his family.
"We are doing all we can to learn about what happened that night, the circumstances that led to this attack and now his untimely death.
"I would appeal to anyone who was in the area last night and who may have any information, however small, to come forward."
Superintendent Trevor Botting, East Sussex Division Commander, said: "The community is shocked by this horrific incident.
"We will be talking to residents during the coming days to reassure them and keep them informed about the investigation.
"I urge anyone who has any information to contact police."
The 13-year-old local boy, who was arrested earlier this afternoon on suspicion of attempted murder, has now been arrested for murder, along with a 19-year-old local man.
They are currently being questioned by detectives.