A Danish magazine has said it will publish pictures of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless in a bid to show Denmark "what these photos are all about."
The celebrity glossy Se og Hoer said they were "proud" to publish around "60 or 70" of the pictures on Thursday as part of a 16 page supplement, said Kim Henningsen, editor in chief of the magazine.
The decision comes as their sister Swedish magazine announced it too would publish topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge. Both publications are owned by Danish company Aller Media.
Editor-in-chief of the Swedish magazine, Carina Loefkvist said in a statement: "These are quite nice pictures if you compare with other celebrity pictures that we publish all the time."
Offices of French Closer were raided on Wednesday morning as Parisian police searched for details of the photographer who took the topless pictures of Duchess Kate, according to reports.
Parisian officers entered the Closer headquarters at 10am, French newspaper Le Point reported.
The royal couple are on their way back from Solomon Islands at the moment
Henningsen said they had been been offered 270 of the snaps, reported AP.
Henningsen told CNN: "It's a set of unique photos from an A-class celebrity. We are a leading gossip magazine in Denmark, and it is my job to publish them," he said.
He defended the decision in a statement saying: "It is in the DNA of Se og Hoer to entertain and satisfy our readers’ curiosity.
"Therefore, it is always relevant to us when a duchess and future queen of England is topless and still willingly shows her breasts to a public road."
The royal couple are understood to be considering a variety of measures to prevent further distribution of the topless photos.
However Henningsen appeared unabashed by the threat of legal action:
"If the British royal family want to sue us, then it will happen then and we'll deal with it," he said.
"Our readers love to follow the lives of royalty and celebrities, and demand revealing news, up close.
"I am therefore incredibly proud that we have acquired the rights to carry the topless pictures of Great Britain’s future queen that the whole world is currently talking about, but which very few have actually seen."
A St James's Palace source said: "We are aware of the plans of a Danish magazine to publish further images.
"All options are under consideration at the moment."
No British paper has published the pictures and the Irish Daily star attracted criticism for running the shots
Their announcement on Wednesday comes a day after a French court ordered Closer to hand the snaps over within 24 hours, telling the publication that it would pay a €10,000 (£8,000) fine for every extra day they take to comply. The injunction does not apply to foreign media
Closer's parent company, Mondadori, owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, will also have to pay €2,000 towards legal fees.
A court in Nanterre, near Paris, has now opened a separate criminal investigation into charges that Closer and a photographer breached the privacy of the Duke and Duchess by publishing the topless photos.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have just completed a tour of South East Asia
In the criminal suit, the magazine could be fined up to €45,000 (£36,000) and the editor, Laurence Pieau, could be jailed for up to a year.
Kate and William are currently on their way home from a nine-day Diamond Jubilee tour of South-East Asia and the South Pacific, but their trip has been largely overshadowed by the media frenzy over the images.
The palace reissued a statement it made when the Italian magazine Chi announced over the weekend it would publish the topless photos of Kate, taken during a holiday at a private estate in southern France.
"As we've said, we will not be commenting on potential legal action concerning the alleged intended publication of the photos save to say that all proportionate responses will be kept under review," it said.