'Coronation Street' is moving so that the set of the soap can finally become life-sized.
The Sun reported that the set, opened by the Queen in 1982, currently being used for the ITV1 soap is only three-quarters of real size, but it will be near to full-size for the first time at the new base.
The cobbles are moving from their Manchester base to a new home at a 7.7-acre site at Trafford Wharf in Salford Quays.
'Corrie' director Tony Prescott reportedly revealed: "We use camera tricks - you can do anything with a wide lens - to get it to look normal, but the new set will be scaled up."
ITV boss John Whiston added: "We will be using the same factory that made the old bricks and I will be making sure that each one is exactly the same as all the others.
20. Coronation Street 1997: Sally slaps Natalie for revenge on her affair
19. Brookside 1994: Beth and Margaret's lesbian kiss
18. EastEnders 1998: Tiffany is run over and killed
17. Coronation Street 1996: Raquel leaves the Street
16. Emmerdale 2011: Aaron helps Jackson end his life
12. EastEnders 2005: Den is murdered by Chrissie
15. Coronation Street 2006: Mike Baldwin dies
14. EastEnders 2009: Sonia gives birth not knowing she's pregnant
13. Emmerdale 2003: Chris poisons himself and then proceeds to frame Charity
11. Hollyoaks 2008: Niall's explosive revenge on the McQueen family
10. EastEnders 2007: Stacy and Max's affair is revealed
9. Emmerdale 1997: Kim lets Frank die
8. Coronation Street 2003: Tricky Dickie drives the Platts into the canal
7. EastEnders 2009: Danielle dies in Ronnie's arms
6. Brookside 1995: The body under the patio is dug
5. Emmerdale 1993: The plane crash
4. Coronation Street 1998: Deirdre is sent down
3. EastEnders 2001: Kat tells Zoe she's her mum
2. Coronation Street 2010: The tram crash
1. EastEnders 1994: Sharongate