'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!' has been accused of failing to provide a 'duty of care' to Brian Conley, who exited the jungle on Monday.
A show source allegedly told the paper: "She wants to know how this happened and why bosses did not intervene earlier."
The funnyman was one of the favourites to win the 2012 show, but he left the camp with "medical reasons" being given as the on-air explanation.
A spokesperson for ITV confirmed at the time: "Brian Conley has left the jungle for medical reasons."
Brian Conley has previously spoken about his battles with depression and alcoholism, and was seen on screen over the past 10 days struggling to cope with the harsh conditions Down Under, with his weight loss apparent after living on rice and beans.
During one log-fire dispute with boxer David Haye, Brian was seen by viewers breaking down in tears and being comforted by actor Colin Baker.
However, an ITV spokesman last night told The Sun: “The safety and welfare of our contestants is of paramount importance.
"All contestants are assessed by independent medical experts. We also have contact where necessary with the celebrities’ GPs. Medical personnel are also available 24 hours a day to provide support if it is needed.”
No celebrities are forced to stay in the jungle if they want to leave.
Conley is not the first star to walk out of the jungle. Sex Pistol John Lydon, Katie Price and Freddie Starr have all previously left the show without being voted out.
And since Conley's departure, presenters Ant and Dec have been very careful not to discuss his exit and none of the celebrities left in the camp have been shown discussing it.
Should ITV be blamed for Conley falling ill? Or was it up to Conley to take responsibility for his health and wellbeing?
More:UK NEWS UK TV I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Brian Conley
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more