Ling Bob School has asked parents not to put the fruit in their kids' lunchboxes because they could kill one of the teachers, who has developed an 'extreme allergy' which could be 'potentially life threatening'.
A letter headed 'Urgent Warning' was sent to parents informing them bananas can no longer be eaten as a snack. And the school canteen have also scrapped them from the menu to be safe.
The letter read: "A member of staff has developed an extreme allergy to bananas. "When she comes into contact with a banana she is having an increasingly severe anaphylactic shock reaction which is potentially life threatening.
"Thank you for your support in helping us keep our staff safe, but do still enjoy eating bananas at home."
The ban affects all children attending the junior, infant and nursery school.