The Oscars 2013 could see Sir Sean Connery come out of retirement as part of a James Bond tribute, reports have claimed.
Academy Awards bosses are said to be hoping he will join fellow 007 stars, including Daniel Craig, Sir Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan, on stage at next month's ceremony to mark 50 years of the film franchise.
Connery, now 82, starred in seven of the 23 Bond films and has famously been embroiled in a 40-year feud with producers of the franchise.
Sir Sean Connery as James Bond
The Evening Standard reports an Oscars insider as saying: "Sir Sean has been invited to take to the stage along with Daniel and the other 007s. As yet, we've not had a no from him. Normally he is quick to turn things down. Sean's relationship with the Oscars is good and we're hoping he'll appear. His issues with the Bond producers are not our business and we hope he will overlook that as we pay tribute to what he has done."
Sir Sean Connery is rumoured to attend the Oscars
Earlier this week, it was revealed Adele could make her long-awaited comeback at this year's Oscars.
The 'Rolling In The Deep' singer has been keeping a low profile since she welcomed her first child last year, but Ace Showbiz reported that she might return to the limelight with a performance at the film awards ceremony in February.
However, the executive producer of the Golden Globes has now said the 24-year-old Grammy-winning pop star is set to make her first post-baby appearance at Sunday's ceremony, where she is nominated for original song for the James Bond theme 'Skyfall'.
'Skyfall' became the first film in the franchise's 50-year history to gross $1 billion worldwide, and the song is also expected to receive a Best Original Song nod from the Academy Awards when nominations are announced on Thursday.