Here, she shows us super-quick and easy to make walnut boats.
You will need:
Toothpicks or small sticks
Scraps of paper or fabric or very wide
Colourful sticky tape (Washi tape)
Piece of old candle, Blu-tack or
What to do:
1. Halve your walnuts.
2. Prepare your masts. Snap the pointed top and bottom ends off each toothpick to make them a little shorter. Cut out some sails using coloured paper or fabric and glue them on to your toothpicks.
3. Alternatively, use some wide colourful tape and double it over the toothpick. The benefit of using tape is that it can get wet without your sails getting soggy.
4. Light your candle and drip the wax into your walnut. It's best to keep an eye on smaller children when using matches and candles.
5. As the wax cools and becomes more solid, stick the mast in to it. Leave the wax to set firmly before launching your walnut boats.
6. As an alternative to wax, use play dough or Blu-tack to secure your mast.
7. Find a little puddle, birdbath or tub of water and let your boats sail!
More on Parentdish: