A man attended by three police officers after getting stuck in a McDonalds high chair has become the new hero of the internet, after a picture of the diner sitting in a tiny seat and hanging his head was shared thousands of times on social media.

The incident, which happened in a restaurant in Cork, is made more amusing by the fact that the man appeared to be dining on his own. Either that, or his friends left him after his practical joke went wrong. There also appears to be no shortage of seats to explain why he chose to sit in the seat for babies.

man stuck in high chair

What a plonker

McDonalds released the following statement: “We're aware of the incident involving a customer who decided to sit in one of our children’s high-chairs in Winthrop Street. As you can see, we recommend children don’t use the high-chair without adult supervision!"

This utter plonker reminded us of a few other unfortunates whose attempts at everyday life went horribly wrong.

Of course the man who got trapped in a bin in Aberdeen.

man trapped in bin

An onlooker appears to be pointing and laughing in the above picture

Then there was the student who got a clothes horse.

danielle morgan

Poor old Danielle Morgan

And while we're looking at people stuck in stuff, what about stuff stuck in people? That was the subject of a book by Rich E. Dreben, Murdoc Knight and Marty A. Sindhian, a trio of medical insiders. Take a look below.

Loading Slideshow...
  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Doctors see a lot of strange things on the job, but perhaps no topic is weirder than the objects that find their way inside peoples' bodies, such as this pair of scissors. That's the topic of "Stuck Up!" a new book by Rich E. Dreben, Murdoc Knight and Marty A. Sindhian, a trio of medical insiders.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    The book features 100 anecdotes of objects that made their way into the body. Usually the insertion happens either orally or rectally (as in the case of these glasses) but Sindhian says some insertions happen through the nose or the urethra.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Kids are more likely than adults to swallow coins, according to Sindhian, a forensic psychiatrist. Usually, they pass through without incident, but he knows of one case where a patient swallowed 50 coins and was at risk of toxic poisoning from the metals.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    People have been swallowing or inserting unusual objects since the dawn of time, but the choice of objects has changed over the centuries. For instance, Sindhian doesn't think that any emergency rooms will be reporting cases of people inserting cassettes into their orifices any time soon....

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    ...However, objects such as the iPod may become more common. Although Sindhian doesn't know what possesses a person to insert something like that into their body.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Many of the objects that get stuck inside the body were put there by people looking for sexual pleasure. That was the case with this electrical cord.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Some of the excuses are stranger than the objects. Dreben says some patients tell their doctor they were doing some type of household chore in the nude when they "fell" or "tripped" or "jumped into bed" and "landed on the object." Others explain that their predicaments resulted from sexual activity.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Sindhian says that alcohol is also a common excuse, but younger people will say that it happened because of a dare, or because they were attempting to seek sexual pleasure, as was the case with this Barbie doll.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Although most swallowing emergencies happen to kids, Sindhian says adults will often swallow engagement rings, mainly as a way to hide them. Luckily, they usually pass through without incident -- unless the other person finds out what happened.

  • Stuck Up! The Strangest Objects Ever Inserted Into The Human Body

    Sindhian, Dreben and Knight hope their book keeps people from trying to shove their Buzz Lightyear action figure to infinity and beyond and also takes away the stigma of people seeking emergency treatment when something does get stuck inside their body.