Sony has unveiled its latest flagship smartphone - and it's big in every sense of the word.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra (or 'ZU') is a 6.4-inch smartphone which features a waterproof design, a ridiculously fast Snapdragon 800 and a screen that can pick up input from any pencil, as well as a computer stylus.
Sony said that the phone - which some have labelled a 'phablet' or hybrid tablet-smartphone, represents the new frontier of smartphone design.
The phone comes in white, black and purple, and will be released in the third quarter of 2013 Sony said.
The Z Ultra includes:
- a decent 3,000mAh battery
- 6.4-inch 1080P screen
- light (212g) and thin (6.5mm) - thinner than the iPhone 5
- Quad core Snapdragon 800 processor
- GB of RAM, 16GB of storage + MicroSD
- waterproof and dust-resistant design
- the same useful 'Stamina' mode as the regular Xperia Z, to conserve battery
- 8-megapixels camera