We had an inkling that Keira Knightley would wow us with her red carpet style at the Anna Karenina premiere, and that's exactly what she did in her Chanel couture gown. However, Keira's romantic look wouldn't have been complete without her flawless skin, subtle, smoky eye makeup and chic updo.
Makeup artist extraordinaire Lisa Eldridge was on hand to match the Chanel dress with some Chanel makeup. Her inspiration? "To compliment Keira's beautiful Chanel dress, I wanted to create a soft, pale and pretty makeup that had a romantic feel but was careful to add strength around the eyes so the overall look wasn't washed out against the dress. Above all, the makeup needed to be elegant and flatter Keira's naturally beautiful face".
And how did she create that striking but not OTT eye makeup? Here's a quick step-by-step guide, from the expert herself:
- Line the upper lashes using Ecriture De Chanel in Noir
- Use a powder shadow (Lisa used Ombre Essentielle in Ebony) and lift the liner into a kitten flick in the corner of the eye
- Mix grey shadows such as Ombres Contraste Duo in Gris–Subtil across the lid for a soft, shimmery look
- Add a pale pink (Lisa used Ombre Essentielle in Liberty) at the socket line to blend and soften for smoky definition
- Finish the look with a shimmery pink at the inner corner and eye pencil such as Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Ebene along the lower waterline, before adding a few coats of mascara to the outer edge of the upper lashes
Let us know how you rate Keira's latest red carpet beauty look in a comment and see more of the star in her style evolution below: