Ellie and Anna loved flowers so much, they quit their jobs in textiles and illustration to set up The Flower Appreciation Society.
When they're not busy making beautiful bouquets in their Hackney studio, the girls share their expertise at events and hen parties, where they teach guests how to make floral headdresses. Here's their step-by-step guide on how to make your own:
Things you'll need:
Flowers - a selection of hardy flowers such as carnations, spray roses, chrysanthemums
Bendy wire - make sure this is big enough to go around your head
Sticks of floristry wire - you can get this at any good florist
How to do it:
1. Select 5/10 flowers.
2. Place the bendy wire around your head to make a wire crown.
3. Cover the crown in floristry tape to give it a neater finish.
4. Take your first flower and cut the stem so that there is about three inches left below the flower head.
5. Bend the wire stick in half and wrap around the stem creating an extra, fake stem.
6. Place the flower on the crown and wrap the wire stem around it so that the flower feels secure.
7. Keep adding flowers to create the shape that you want.
8. You can concentrate on a section at the front or place the flowers all the way around the crown, it's up to you!
From floral headpieces to subtle head bands, here's more hair accessory inspiration:
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more