SPORT

Dani Osvaldo Suspended By Southampton Over Training Ground Incident

23/01/2014 12:05 GMT | Updated 23/01/2014 12:59 GMT
Chris Ison/PA Wire
Southampton's Dani Osvaldo celebrates scoring against Manchester City during the Barclays Premier League match at St Mary's Stadium, Southampton. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Saturday December 7, 2013. See PA story SOCCER Southampton. Photo credit should read: Chris Ison/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Editorial use only. Maximum 45 images during a match. No video emulation or promotion as 'live'. No use in games, competitions, merchandise, betting or single club/player services. No use with unofficial audio, video, data, fixtures or club/league logos.

Southampton have suspended Dani Osvaldo for two weeks following an training-ground incident, the Premier League club have announced.

The club said the striker's behaviour fell below the standards they expect of their players but have said that they will make no further comment on the matter.

"Southampton Football Club has today suspended striker Dani Osvaldo for two weeks, following an incident at the club's Staplewood training ground," read a statement.

"The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players. Southampton will be making no further comment on this matter."

Last week, Swansea confirmed defenders Garry Monk and Chico Flores were involved in an altercation at their training ground.

Flores denied he brandished a brick during the bust-up.

TRAINING GROUND BUST-UPS

Training ground bust-ups