The images from taken of an area in the southern Indian Ocean have been handed to Malaysian authorities.
The Boeing 777 disappeared on the 8 March with 239 people on board.
It is still not known what happened to the plane but officials believe it was deliberately taken off course.
Sunday's announcement comes after China said it was investigating images of possible debris.
During a daily press briefing, Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's acting transport minister received news that the Chinese would be sending ships to investigate 'satellite image of floating objects in the southern corridor', according to the BBC.
Australian searchers found no evidence of debris from MH370, according to the commander of the first plane to return on Saturday.
The minister added that weather conditions, such as strong currents and rough seas, were making the search "very challenging", and warned that there had been a tropical cyclone warning for the area.
Hussein also mentioned the report in The Telegraph of the conversation between the co-pilot of the Boeing 777 and the control tower, and said the transcript of their 54-minute interaction "does not indicate anything abnormal".