Doctors are treating a three-month-old baby in Chennai, India for horrific burns after he spontaneously burst into flames for the fourth time in his short life.
Baby Rahul first caught fire when he was just nine days old, and doctors believe he suffers from 'spontaneous human combustion', and that he bursts into flames due to gases emitting from his skin.
Rahul is currently in an intensive care unit with 10 degree burns, and will eventually need to undergo plastic surgery. His doctors told CNN that his condition was extremely rare, but very serious.
Dr Thenmozhi from Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital said: "It's a very rare case, it can occur in any age group. It is the spontaneous explosion of burning material from the sweat.
"It's a serious case. In the past cases, those who happened to be with the person who had this disorder have died. Severe precautions need to be taken.
More:Baby's First Year
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more