If you think dating in 2014 feels more than a little complicated, try being a gal in the 1950s. Two words for you: bloody minefield.
Particularly when it came to dinner dates, if an issue of Woman's Own from the decade - uncovered by CupidSpeedDater.com - is anything to go by.
Could you go along with the dinner dating rules of the 1950s? Take a gander at the list of tips from the mag below and tweet us @MyDailyUK.
1. The man always orders for you.
2. Never independently ask the waiter for anything.
3. Don't drop your knife.
4. If you do drop your knife ask the waiter for a new one - do NOT pick it up.
5. Don't order fruit - it's embarrassing.
6. Do order celery - it can be eaten "quite correctly" with the hands.
7. Stay away from fish - too difficult to manage.
8. Wipe lipstick marks from your glass before leaving.