If you think dating in 2014 feels more than a little complicated, try being a gal in the 1950s. Two words for you: bloody minefield.
Particularly when it came to dinner dates, if an issue of Woman's Own from the decade - uncovered by CupidSpeedDater.com - is anything to go by.
In a guide called "How To Behave In A Restaurant", the magazine advises its readers on the best ways to get through three courses without running face first into an etiquette disaster.
Could you go along with the dinner dating rules of the 1950s? Take a gander at the list of tips from the mag below and tweet us @MyDailyUK.
1. The man always orders for you.
2. Never independently ask the waiter for anything.
3. Don't drop your knife.
4. If you do drop your knife ask the waiter for a new one - do NOT pick it up.
5. Don't order fruit - it's embarrassing.
6. Do order celery - it can be eaten "quite correctly" with the hands.
7. Stay away from fish - too difficult to manage.
8. Wipe lipstick marks from your glass before leaving.
Seven Etiquette Tips To Texting Someone You're Dating
Dating Etiquette: Is It Ever Okay To Talk About Exes?