Bora Aksu kicked off London Fashion Week TODAY. Ladies and gents get yourself ready to see some killer Spring/Summer 2014 collections from the world's leading fashion talents - think endless showcases of utter fabulousness.
So where to go when you need to max and relax in between shows and snapping up carefully thought out ensembles of you, your friends and total randoms you've met talking tartan and candyfloss pink pleather? The LFW Apartment is your go-to place, it's a new destination (in Covent Garden) to make yourself at home and hang out this week.
We caught up with Abisola Omole, founder of The Apartment, to get the low-down...
1. What is your background - how did you/your team start up The LFW Apartment?
I've been blogging at Abimarvel.com for around five years, within that time I've interned at Conde Nast, photography studios and worked at the London 2012 Olympic Games. I then started consulting and coming up with creative projects and ways to work with top social influencers. I have worked with brands like Windows, Dulux and Claires.
As for my new team, it's pretty small: Jodie is a good friend from university and I found Hayley organically through applications!
2. How does it work?
We quite simply use a fun, cool place and turn it into the ultimate social hang-out! We have the basics like food, technology and transport but we just do it all at a crazy high standard. I really like to do things well.
3. Describe the vibe at The LFW Apartment?
Beyond ultra chilled.
4. Which three London Fashion Week sessions at The Apartment should not be missed?
- Our DIY session with Motel Rocks, it's going to be overly cool. Literally glue guns at the ready!
-Our charm bracelet building class with Dower & Hall. It's going to be filled with all kinds of sparkly goodness.
- Our chill session on the last day - we're talking food from Shake Shack, a fun fashion quiz and general lounging about.
5. What do you hope to achieve over the course of London Fashion Week?
Personally, to capture some awesome pictures and meet some great people in the industry. And as for The Apartment - to bring some super creative people together and celebrate British fashion, whilst having a whole lot of fun.
6. The best bit about London Fashion Week is...?
When you're sat in the photographer pit on the last day after a week of all of the shows and there's an unspoken family vibe, as everyone knows how tired one another are and once the show ends, we all clap and leave and you know LFW is over. I love it!
7. Which three designers will you have your eye on this London Fashion Week?
Ashish, J W Anderson and Jonathan Saunders.
To find out more about this fashionable new haunt and check out The LFW Apartment guide see here.