London Fashion Week is here! Bora Aksu's Spring/Summer 2014 show kicked things off at Somerset House first thing on Friday morning. Yes it was dark and grey outside, but this bright and breezy collection (inspired by Aksu's Turkish homeland) got everyone dreaming of sun dresses, shorts and holidays...
Here's what we learned from the first LFW show:
1. Lemon yellow was everywhere at the New York shows and guess what? This happy colour has made its way to London too. Hurrah!
2. There's nothing like a fuchsia dress to lift the spirits on a rainy Friday morning.
3. The Spring/Summer 2014 shoes are getting comfier by the second. Marc Jacobs sent flat boots and lace-ups down the catwalk on the closing day of NYFW. At Bora Aksu - flatform sandals were worn with socks. Yes - socks and sandals looked STYLISH.
4. Invest in a cropped jacket next season. It will make shorts and a shirt look super chic.
5. As for accessories? Hair clips are cute and cool.
Don't forget to tune in to watch the shows live!