So here are six things that come part and parcel with dip dying your hair with crazy colour...
1. People stare. If you don't want people ogling you on the train then do yourself a favour and don't dye your hair a "crazy colour" because people will look at you. A lot.
2. Showers are a nightmare. Every time a drop of water touches your hair the colour leaks out of it which will stains your skin, the shower tray, the grouting and the bath mat. When I was sporting a bright blue dip dye it looked like a Smurf had been brutally murdered every time I exited the bathroom.
3. You become addicted to Instagram. If you don't already live on Instagram you certainly will after dying your hair every colour of the rainbow. It's a fabulous place to scroll through reams and reams of colourful hair selfies for inspiration. You just know you'll get loads of likes if you upload a snap of your newly half pink hair along with the hashtag #rainbowhairdontcare.
4. Meeting strangers is easier than ever. Meeting new people can be quite stressful and sometimes you find yourself in the middle of an awkward silence when neither party can think of a single word to say. When you've got a colourful dip dye your hair does all the talking for you. Well, at least it gets other people talking. Plus there's nothing like meeting a stranger for a lunch date and being able to say, "I'll be the one with the purple hair."
5. You ruin all your bed linen. In the same vain as point two, you will find your white 180 thread count Egyptian cotton bedsheets completely destroyed by the residue left behind by your barnet... And there was you thinking mascara was a total bitch to get out of your pillowcases.
6. You'll want to get rid of the colour asap. You can get sick of a colour as quickly as you fall in love with it. That's where washing up liquid and tomato ketchup come in. These kitchen essentials will soon find their way onto your head in a desperate bid to wash out any unwanted colour.