And now her absence has been explained, with the presenter revealing that her daughter was injured when her Halloween costume caught fire on Friday.
The 'Strictly' host's eight-year-old daughter Matilda was enjoying the Halloween festivities on Friday, when her dress caught fire and she had to be rushed to hospital.
A statement released by Claudia and her family reads:
"Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery. We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible.
"We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."
Claudia is expected to miss the next few weeks of the popular dancing show while her daughter recuperates. Zoe Ball, who presents 'Strictly... It Takes Two' stood in for her at the weekend, and wished Claudia and her family her best wishes live on air.