Fancy a winter warmer? Here's how to make a traditional Hot Toddy with a spicy ginger twist.
You will need: (to make 7 drinks)
50ml Kraken spiced rum
1 knob unsalted butter
12.5ml gingerbread syrup (instructions on how to make this are below)
2 cups water
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger (or fresh ginger)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon stick & clove studded lemon wheel to garnish
1. Combine the water, sugar, ginger, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract in a saucepan and boil. (You could add some fresh ginger root and use less ground ginger for an added spicy kick.)
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Cover the saucepan and leave the mixture to cool.
4. Add the rum and butter then top up with boiling water.
5. Stir together.
6. Serve in a latte glass and finish with the cinnamon and lemon wheel garnish.
MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES:
Entertaining this Christmas? There's nothing better than a classic Champagne cocktail. Here's how to make one...