Behold, the lumbersexual.
Half metrosexual, half lumberjack, he's rough, rugged and always looks ready for an outdoors adventure. (Think Carrie's boyfriend Aidan Shaw in Sex and the City or more recently, Ryan Gosling when he's off-duty.) He loves to wear a tartan-print shirt and yep, he looks like he'd be great at wood-chopping. Oh, and facial hair is a given.
As the Urban Dictionary puts it, He's "a metrosexual who has the need to hold on to some outdoor based ruggedness, thus opting to keep a finely trimmed beard."
Do you know the type? Here are five sure-fire signs you're dating one:
1. He hates shaving. Beards are a symbol of masculinity, after all. The longer and unkempt the facial hair, the better.
2. He does yoga or "broga" (a challenging yoga workout invented by a former professional American footballer turned bodybuilder.)
3. Jeans (rolled up), tan hiking boots and a tartan-print shirt are all he ever wears. He carries his life around in a backpack that he's had for years and often experiments with a beanie.
4. He only drinks beer from microbreweries.
5. He likes to take care of his appearance, but his skincare products are mostly paraben-free.
Sounds like your kind of guy? Find out more in this guide below:
And just because...