Time: 11/2 hours
You will need:
1 Cooking apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Juice of half a lemon
50g (2oz) butter
6 slices of white bread or a currant loaf, crusts removed
50g (2oz) sultanas
40g (11/2oz) demerara sugar
600ml (1 pint) milk
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
2. Dip apple slices in lemon juice to prevent them discolouring.
3. Butter bread and place three slices in the base and up the sides of a 1.2 litre (2 1/2 pint) ovenproof dish. Scatter over sultanas.
4. Spread apple slices across the bread, alternating with remaining bread - butter side up - cut into triangles. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Beat together eggs and milk, pour over pudding and stand for 30 minutes.
6. Stand dish in a roasting tin filled 2.5cm (1in) deep with warm water. Bake for one hour or until crisp and golden.
Recipe courtesy of 2012 Dairy Diary, £6.99.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more