An Australian man has reportedly been bitten on his penis by a venomous spider for a second time.
The 21-year-old tradesman was using a portable toilet on a building site in Sydney on Tuesday when he suffered a repeat of an unfortunate encounter he had five months ago.
Jordan, whose surname has not been released, said that he was “the most unlucky guy in the country at the moment”.
He told the BBC he was bitten on “pretty much the same spot” as last time.
“I was sitting on the toilet doing my business and just felt the sting that I felt the first time.
“I was like ‘I can’t believe it’s happened again’. I looked down and I’ve seen a few little legs come from around the rim,” Jordan said.
After being bitten the first time, Jordan said that he was wary of using portable toilets.
But given the toilets had just been cleaned, Jordan told the broadcaster, he thought he would be safe this time around.
“(I) had a look under both seats and then I sat down did my business. Next thing you know, I’m bent over in pain,” he said.
Jordan was taken to hospital for treatment.
He said that when he returns to work he will avoid using the on-site facilities.
Jordan was not sure what type of spider bit him this time, but in April he was treated for a redback bite.
Redback spider bites can cause nausea, severe pain and sweating.
The spiders are known for their distinctive red stripe on their abdomen.
There have not been any recorded cases of deaths from redback bites since the 1950s, when an antivenom was developed.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more