A hot day in the tent made for a collective meltdown in the showstopper challenge, as every one of the six remaining bakers struggled to produce the perfect mousse in this week’s Desserts Week.
Only Andrew made good with his ferris wheel full of mousses which, added to his technical prowess, ensured he was a shoo-in for Star Baker.
In a first for ‘Great British Bake Off’ - with only three episodes left on the BBC (sob!) - Bread Week’s Star Baker will not be making it to the final. Tom made a good case for why his signature bake roulade looked like a bit of old tree, but when he started piping his mousse, well, Mary’s face said it all…
Who do you think will be crowned this year’s Great British Baker? Let us know below…
The 5 best things about this week’s episode of ‘GBBO’...
1. Paul sounding not entirely encouraging. “It will be… interesting.” “Do you mean interesting, or interesting?” “Errr…”
2. Mary Berry’s approving wink when Benjamina mentioned the magic word “rum” for her roulade.
3. Sue Perkins declaring “you don’t get posher than a Viennetta, my darling.” Cue that particular retro iced dessert trending on Twitter.
4. The way Selasi pronounced ‘suuugaar’. Give that man a series.
5. Jane counting out her gelatin sheets like she was playing poker.
‘Great British Bake Off’ continues on BBC One. Who do you think should be christened this year’s champion?
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more