Police caught the 16-year-old with a small amount of the class B drug near his home in Primrose Hill.
After news of the drugs bust hit the headlines on Wednesday (23 November) - having actually taken place on 28 September - Madonna issued a public statement.
Calling it a “family matter”, the singer told AP (via ABC News): “I love my son very much. I will do whatever I can to give him the support that he needs, and I ask that you respect our privacy at this time.”
Rocco’s father, film director Guy Ritchie, is yet to comment.
Neighbours of the teenager reportedly called police after getting increasingly fed up with his behaviour.
A police spokesperson previously told The Sun: “A 16-year-old youth has been arrested for possession of cannabis.
“The arrest follows a stop and search by officers from Camden borough at around 5.15pm on Wednesday, September 28 at Steeles Mews North.
“The youth was taken to a north London police station. He was subsequently bailed and dealt with by Camden borough’s Youth Offending Team.
“He was dealt with by way of Triage, which uses multiple strands to engage and educate young people in order to prevent re-offending.”
Earlier this year, Rocco hit the headlines when he was the centre of a bitter custody dispute between his parents.
When the teen refused to travel with Madonna on her Rebel Heart tour, she launched legal action in the US and UK demanding custody of her son.
Guy eventually reached a settlement with his ex wife just hours before they were due in court in New York, agreeing Rocco would continue to live in London where he is at school.
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more