It will be the twentieth anniversary of Princess Diana’s death next August and announcements are starting to be made about plans to mark the date.
Princes William and Harry have revealed they will be overseeing the installation of a special garden at Kensington Palace, and an exhibition showcasing some of Diana’s most memorable outfits will go on display from 24 February in her former London home.
Known throughout her life for her dedication to charity work and humanitarian causes, we have selected 12 of Diana’s most inspiring quotes that make us want to be better people.
1. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
2. “Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.”
3. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love, and look after it.”
4. “I knew what my job was, it was to go out and meet the people, and to love them.”
5. “Family is the most important thing in the world.”
6. “I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved.”
7. “Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”
8. “I want my boys to have an understanding of people’s emotions, their insecurities, people’s distress, and their hopes and dreams.”
9. “I don’t want expensive gifts; I don’t want to be bought. I have everything I want.”
10. “People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.”
11. “Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.”
12. “Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. ”