But this toddler took a leap of faith and decided to try out a ‘baby carrot’ without checking with mum first.
What the three-year-old had actually come across was a red Thai chilli, which he proceeded to take a bite out of. Ouch.
His mum posted a picture of the offending item to Reddit, with the caption: “On the upside, he is well hydrated now.”
Other parents shared their own spicy stories, nickcageisawoman said: “When my stepson was three he nabbed a jalapeño slice from my burger. His mum was going to stop him but I said: ‘Nah bud, it’s a special pickle, take a bite’. He hasn’t trusted me since.”
We don’t envy the toilet situation that mum will be dealing with in 24 hours.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more