Still feeling blue about all the ‘Great British Bake Off’ news that has come out in the past week? Well we’ve got something that might cheer you up, as the start date for the next series of ‘The Apprentice’ has been announced.
Now into its 12th year, the BBC reality series is set to return to our screens on Thursday, 6 October.
Devoted fans of the show will notice this marks shake-up in the schedule for ‘The Apprentice’, with the show’s Twitter page joking that “Wednesdays have been fired” (because that’s what Lord Sugar says when they get rid of a contestant, yes, yes, very funny etc).
Speaking of Lord Sugar, he’ll be back in the boardroom once again, also sharing the news of the schedule change on his official Twitter account.
Humble as ever, when one fan asked if there’s anyone on this year’s series we should be keeping an eye out for, he replied simply: “Yes ME.”
The most recent series of ‘The Apprentice’ was won by Joseph Valente, in a particularly controversial year for the show, which saw Scott Saunders choosing to leave of his own accord, after he was unhappy with a critique, and Selina Waterman-Smith repeatedly speaking out against the show over the way she was portrayed.
Meanwhile, with ‘Bake Off’ now making the jump to Channel 4, the typically-opinionated Lord Sugar recently shared his thoughts, after 11 years on the BBC.
He said last week: “There’s a fine balance in good business practice. Love Productions have made a fatal error taking ‘GBBO’ away from [BBC One] for a few extra quid.”