Last term was Christmas fair season and for many school parents associations it's the biggest fundraiser of the year. All hands were needed on deck to pull together and lay on a magical day for the kids - Santa's grotto, games stalls, festive food and drink - all needing a ton of volunteers to make it happen.
Yep, sure it would be a lot easier if loads of parents pitched in to help. But let's face it - PTAs don't always have the best rep, and some parents would rather run a mile barefoot in the snow than flip burgers for 3 hours at the Christmas fair.
As part of my job working with PTAs, I regularly speak with committee members all over the country, and although many have an uphill struggle getting parents to help out - we did manage to make them laugh out loud with a few choice gifs.
"Excellent. And all true!" was the reaction from one PTA Chair.
Take a look and see whether you recognise any of these reactions - whether you received them, or dished them out yourself!
1. The One Who Runs and Hides
2. The One Who Feels Incapable
3. The One Who Is Too Busy
4. The One Who Rolls their Eyes
5. The One Who Just Assumes You're Joking
6. The One Who Refuses Cheerfully
7. The One Who is Unrepentant
8. The One Who IS *Always* Sorry
9. The One That Just Doesn't Care
10. Nope... really no interest whatsoever
11. The One Who is Oblivious (or feigns ignorance!)
12. The One Who Can't Possibly Cope
13. The One Who Scares You
14. The One Who's Just Been Waiting to be Asked!
15. ...and Jumps Right In...
16. .. But Doesn't Like the Way Stuff Gets Done...
17. ...So Takes Over...
18. ...And is Outraged When Challenged...
19. ...And Quits!
20. The One Who is Too Darn Scared to Say No
21. The One Whose Face Says It All
22. Then Accepts Their Fate Quietly
23. Or Maybe Looks for Another Way Out!
Hope that gave you an end of year giggle! Happy New Year everyone :)
This post first appeared on the PTAsocial blog