Mass killer Anders Breivik today told a court he deserved a medal of honour for the murder of 77 people in Norway and demanded to be set free.
He stretched out his arms in what his lawyer Geir Lippestad said was "some kind of right-wing extremist greeting," AP reported.
The 32-year-old carried out twin attacks on 22 July which also injured 151 people.
Breivik admits to carrying out the attacks but pleaded not guilty to all charges, arguing the attacks were necessary as part of his campaign against a Muslim invasion.
Breivik disguised himself as a police officer and planted a car bomb close to government offices in Norway's capital Oslo, killing eight people. He then drove to Utoeya, an island where a summer Labour Party youth camp was taking place and boarded a boat, still dressed in uniform.
What followed shocked the world. In a shooting spree lasting more than an hour, he killed 69 people, most of whom were teenagers.
Breivik had previously published an online statement saying he was fighting to defend Europe from Muslims which was possible due to "cultural Marxists" both in Norway's ruling Labour Party and the EU.
Judge Wenche Gjelsten ordered him to remain in custody until the trial begins on April 16. Breivik faces terror charges, which carry up to 21 years in prison. However, if he's deemed gravely mentally ill he will be sent to psychiatric care.