The Queen went to see the Duke of Edinburgh in hospital on Wednesday afternoon as he recovers from a bladder infection which forced him to miss some of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
She arrived at the King Edward VII Hospital in central London hours after Buckingham Palace said the Duke's condition had "improved considerably".
The Queen's husband, who is 91 on Sunday, was admitted to hospital on Monday, the day after he spent several hours braving the elements for the Thames River Pageant.
Earlier the palace said The Duke of Edinburgh's condition has "improved considerably" though he is likely to remain in hospital over the next few days.
The palace statement, released at lunchtime, said: "The treatment of his infection continues with antibiotics. He is likely to remain in hospital over the next few days. He is in good spirits."
The illness forced the Duke to miss several key events of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, including a service of thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral and the concert outside Buckingham Palace.
He was visited yesterday by the Earl and Countess of Wessex, accompanied by their children, Louise and James.
Edward said his father was "feeling a lot better" and had been watching events unfold on television.
Asked how the Queen was coping without her husband, Edward added: "She's bearing up but missing him, obviously."
Take a look at pictures from Tuesday's Diamond Jubilee celebrations below:
- Thanksgiving Service At St Paul's Cathedral Begins With A Fanfare
- Kate Stuns In 'Nude' McQueen Dress
- Rowan Williams Praises The 'Huge Risk' Of Queen's Lifelong Dedication At St Paul's
- Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, Paul McCartney Sing For Her Majesty (PHOTOS)
- HM Queen Moved By Duke Of Edinburgh's Absence, and Prince Of Wales's Emotional Tribute
- Kate, Duchess Of Cambridge, Stuns In 'Nude' Alexander McQueen Lace Dress
- Labour MP Lambasts Jubilee 'Slave Labour'